History of games and its symbols
Generally, the history and the origin of games dates back to the ancient human past. Games are considered an integral part of all cultures worldwide, and indeed, they are one of the oldest forms of social interaction of humans. Games are generally formalized play expressions that enable people to go beyond immediate imagination and right into physical activities. Ordinary, typical games consist of the uncertainty of some outcome, competition between the players, agreed-upon rules, separate time and place, elements of chance and fiction, personal enjoyment, and prescribed goals.
Games capture the worldviews and ideas of their cultures and pass them through to the future generation. Games were essential as social and cultural bonding events, markers, and social status teaching tools. As pastimes of the elite and royalty, some types of games quickly became standard features of court culture, and they also were given as gifts. Games such as the Mesoamerican ball game, or Senet, were frequently imbued with ritual and mythic religious significance. As of games such as "The Mansion of Happiness" or "Gyan chauper," they were used to teach ethical and spiritual lessons. In contrast, Wéiqí (Go) and Shatranj games developed strategic and cognitive thinking skills by the military and political elite.
How to insert game symbols
There is a wide variety of games worldwide. Each game has its design, individual visuality, logos, characters, and symbols to be differentiated from other games and marked as one type of play. For example, games such as chess, cards, domino tiles, dice, draughts and checkers, playing cards, mahjong tiles, miscellaneous games, Shogi pieces, Chinese chess, and many others are identified through their symbols.
In the below section, you will learn more about each game symbol, their codes, and how to insert them in a web or message. To insert game symbols, check the below-listed game symbols, according to the type of game. Each game symbols are encoded. Hence, you can use the Unicode character, CSS code, HTML code, or the official HTML code points to insert the game symbols.
Card game symbols
- To insert ♠ use: HTML code ♠ HTML Entity code ♠ CSS code \2660, Hex code ♠ or Unicode U+02660.
- To insert ♡ use: HTML code ♡ CSS code \2661, Hex code ♡ Unicode U+02661.
- To insert ♢ use: HTML code ♢ CSS code \2662, Hex code ♢ or Unicode U+02662.
- To insert ♣ use: HTML code ♣ HTML Entity code ♣ CSS code \2663; Hex code ♣ or Unicode U+02663.
- To insert ♤ use: HTML code ♤ CSS code \2664, Hex code ♤ Unicode U+02664.
- To insert ♥ use: HTML code ♥ HTML Entity code ♥ CSS code \2665, Hex code ♥ or Unicode U+02665.
- To insert ♦ use: HTML code ♦ HTML Entity code ♦ CSS code \2666, Hex code ♦ or Unicode U+02666.
- To insert ♧ use: HTML code ♧ CSS code \2667, Hex code ♧ or Unicode U+02667.
Chess game symbols
- To insert ♔ white chess king symbol use: HTML ♔ CSS code \2654, Hex ♔ or Unicode U+02654.
- To insert ♕ white chess queen use: HTML ♕ CSS \2655, Hex ♕ Unicode U+02655.
- To insert ♖ white chess rook use: HTML ♖ CSS \2656, Hex ♖ Unicode U+02656.
- To insert ♗ white chess bishop use: HTML ♗ CSS \2657, Hex ♗ Unicode U+02657.
- To insert ♘ white chess knight use: HTML ♘ CSS \2658, Hex ♘ Unicode U+02658.
- To insert ♙ white chess pawn use: HTML ♙ CSS \2659, Hex ♙ Unicode U+02659.
- To insert ♚ black chess king use: HTML ♚ CSS \265A, Hex ♚ Unicode U+0265A.
- To insert ♛ black chess queen use: HTML ♛ CSS \265B, Hex ♛ Unicode U+0265B.
- To insert ♜ black chess rook use: HTML ♜ CSS \265C, Hex ♜, Unicode U+0265C.
- To insert ♝ black chess bishop use: HTML ♝ CSS \265D, Hex ♝ Unicode U+0265D.
- To insert ♞ black chess knight use: HTML ♞ CSS \265E, Hex ♞ Unicode U+0265E.
- To insert ♟black chess pawn use: HTML ♟ CSS \265F, Hex ♟ Unicode U+0265F.
- To insert ⧉ two joined squares use: HTML ⧉ HTML Entity code ⧉ CSS \29C9, Hex ⧉ or Unicode U+029C9.
Dice game symbols
- To insert ⚀ die face-1 game symbol use: HTML code ⚀ CSS code \2680, Hex code ⚀ Unicode U+02680.
- To insert ⚁ die face-2 game symbol use: HTML code ⚁ CSS code \2681, Hex code ⚁ Unicode U+02681.
- To insert ⚂ die face-3 game symbol use: HTML code ⚂ CSS code \2682, Hex code ⚂ Unicode U+02682.
- To insert ⚃ die face-4 game symbol use: HTML code ⚃ CSS code \2683, Hex code ⚃ Unicode U+02683.
- To insert ⚄ die face-5 game symbol use: HTML code ⚄ CSS code \2684, Hex code ⚄ Unicode U+02684.
- To insert ⚅ die face-6 game symbol use: HTML code ⚅ CSS code \2685, Hex code ⚅ or Unicode U+02685.
- To insert ? game symbol use: HTML code 🎲 CSS code \1F3B2, Hex code 🎲 or Unicdoe U+1F3B2.
Miscellaneous game symbols
- To insert ? video game symbol use: HTML code 🎮 CSS code \1F3AE, Hex code 🎮 or Unicode U+1F3AE.
- To insert ? irect hit, hitting the target, archery target, bull's-eye symbol use: HTML code 🎯 CSS code \1F3AF, Hex code 🎯 or Unicode U+1F3AF.
- To insert ? slot machine symbol use: HTML code 🎰 CSS code \1F3B0, Hex code 🎰 or Unicode U+1F3B0.
- To insert? flower playing cards use: HTML code 🎴 CSS code \1F3B4, Hex code 🎴 or Unicode U+1F3B4.
- To insert? joystick game symbol use: HTML code 🕹 CSS code \1F579, Hex code 🕹 or Unicode U+1F579.